Sunday, September 26, 2010

Michigan internets is good internets.

It's true, it's true.
Anyway. What happened today? ALENA FIXED MY CAMERA THATS WHAT HAPPENED 8D.

Then we went to the last little stall-selling-thing of the season, which everyone hoped would be big because Artprize is on this week, but apparently that stopped anyone from coming out. Very few people sold very much. I got a present for Felix. I'd post a picture (it's pretty cool) but I think he'd get grumpy for 'spoiling' it.

I just hope it fits.

I saw a Orange-Tailed Chazzwazzer today! Alena called it a Squirrel. Silly Americans.
I didn't get a picture though, as it was spotted running across the road as we were driving past it.

Baw.

We went out to dinner at the Olive Garden with Alena's family, including brothers and...I think cousins? And a brother-in-law, or something. And the girlfriend of one of the guys. Everybody there was cool. I heard 'maybe we should go to Outback Steakhouse instead, hohoho" twice tonight.
"That was funny the first time I heard it, guys. Several months ago."
"Well it's the first time I've said it, so it's okay! :D"

My coins got passed around a little bit (Alena insists it's the coolest thing,) and her older brother and I got along really well.

I spent much of the afternoon describing Australia to Alena and her mother. Mostly telling horrorstories about the wildlife (especially water-dwelling creatures) and dispelling certain myths.
Like "Koalas are cute and cuddly."
Alena's poor mother looked so horrified at the videos showing the sounds those things make.

Oh, and Alena's dog Sadie no longer hates me. When I arrived last night she'd run around barking and terrified. By this afternoon she'd let me pet her.

She's so cute when she's not running around insanely.

2 comments:

  1. Koalas ARE cute and cuddly. They'd also claw you apart without a seconds thought. They're basically cats. In trees. Who explode.

    If you do go to an outback steakhouse (and you should), order a bloomin' onion.

    -Josh

    p.s. the captcha of the day is "rapses". It's how Gollum says 'rape'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also smell terrible and sound horrifying.
    And I was saying just the other night that the bloomin' onions sound awesome.
    Lol at the mental image of Gollum saying that.

    Also, please don't turn into one of those silly people that has an account-name, with a picture, who still feels compelled to 'sign' their posts with their name.

    ReplyDelete