Friday, September 10, 2010

The fair! :3

Also photos coming up!

But the main thing is, I WENT TO THE FAIR, APRIGHPEAJVBEIEFA;JNE EXCITEMENT.
People seemed pleased whenever they discovered I was Australian. Like they were suddenly ambassadors to the country or something.
Oh and it turns out I'm in Washington at the moment. A few hours from the border. I landed in Walla Walla, which I thought was in Oregon, but turns out is just over the border to Washington. Then we drove further -away- from Oregon. But only like two hours away, which is superclose from an Australian point of view.

Anyway! Today was wonderful! I got to try Root Beer (It's basically just Sars. Delicious, but slightly disappointing) and...*drumroll*
A foot long corndog!
A FOOT LONG CORNDOG.
Australia has foot long nothing. Except Subway sandwhiches. Omnomnom, delicious Subway.

I even got photo evidence of my enjoying my root-beer float and corndog. However, neither of them are flattering pictures. Especially the corndog one, which is like the worst photo of me ever. I had to move to avoid tomato-sauce spillage, and half-slipped, just as Layli took the picture. Thusly I look like HORFLEDORFLEDORF
Pics: 
.
"HORFLEDORFLEDORF"
 Apparently Layli delights in taking unflattering photos, apparently, because she refused to take another one. Also she keeps saying "I delight in taking unflattering photos of people!"

We saw bunnies at the fair! Delightful bunnies!
Also duckies!


And...A giant Chazwazzer. Apparently they called it Patience. I called it Terrifying.
The Duckfaced Chazwazzer, commonly known as the Nightmare-Eating Chazwazzer.
Oh, and a sheep that's apparently also a werewolf. Or a cookie.

I'm onto you, Snaps. I'm onto you.

I tried Indian Fry-Bread, too. It was pretty good, but it's served with sweet stuff...which works for the doughy bits, but the crunchy bits dont work too well with the sweetness. I could imagine it being really nice used sorta like a naan-bread or something, though. I got two so Layli and I could both have one cause she'd never tried it before either, and each one turned out to be larger than a dinnerplate. They did not get finished.

Might be going back to the fair tomorrow. No idea yet really. I'm hoping to, because there's still stuff I havn't tried. Delicious-looking stuff. Like funnel-cake! And I've had curly-fries before but I freaking love curlyfries so tomorrow I think I'll get some curlyfries. And I might get a buffalo burger/sausage. Apparently buffalo's pretty good. And a quarter-pound hotdog! HOW BIG MUST THIS THING BE. I also saw an advertisement for a foot-long sausage. I think it was the buffalo thing. Like a hotdog but with an actual sausage. A FOOT LONG SAUSAGE.

...I'm going to get so fat... :'(
TOTALLY WORTH IT.

6 comments:

  1. County fairs = lots more fun than they sound. Me = lots more coherent at not-2AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amuam goes to the fair! x3

    I'm glad you had fun. And of course we have foot long things. We have you, don't we?

    OHNOEZ A CHAZWAZZER. IT'S IN LEAGUE WITH THE WEREWOLFSHEEPCOOKIE. RUN! PUMP THOSE LITTLE GROWLITHE LEGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Heather reckons that bunny is her bunny Fang.

    Just because I'm a time lord doesn't mean I'm using her bunny to photobomb your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty is a Time Lord now? I need to check FB more often.

    Nice post, I laughed a few times.

    Typical Crawford, though. Go travelling and it's all about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it's about the food! It's a FAIR. There's food and there's rides. The rides are the same as here. The food is amazing.

    Oh, and there was a hypnotist too, but he was a douchebag and a fraud so he doesn't get a proper blog-mention.
    And yes, Kitty, Patience the Chazwazzer and Ginger Snap the WereCookieSheep are horrifying co-conspirators. They will destroy us all! ;w;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, but the airport post was all about the food too.

    Also: No posts in three days? What is this, MY blog?

    ReplyDelete