Monday, September 6, 2010

Here we go!

My name is Anuan.
I'm eighteen, nearly nineteen years old.
Since I was twelve, I've been saying that when I was eighteen, I'd go to America and visit people I knew there.
Tomorrow, that happens. It's been a long time coming and there's been a lot of failures along the way (I was originally hoping to get to go to Gencon, but there was trouble with my passport. Baww.) but it's finally happening. I'm more than a little scared. It's a big thing for me. When I was a kid, my parents often commented I'd never leave my home state.

I'm making this blog to track my progress. For any friends that are interested, but also for my mother, who was hugely concerned that I would end up a "body in a ditch." My father was more frightened that I'd become a 'bumboy to a hermaphrodite.' Thanks, dad. Glad to know the integrity of my anus is so important to you.

I land in Las Angeles, then go to Seattle, where I will sleep in the airport before flying to Walla Walla. I'll be staying with my friend Layli for a while, bouncing around Oregon a little bit, then heading Eastward. It should be fun. Hurray for sleeping in an airport! :( Mumblegrumble stupid friends living in stupid obscure areas. Mumblegrumble. Oh well. I get to go to a fair! With corndogs. Delicious corndogs, omnomnom.
Fun fact for my American friends reading this; we have fairs and corndogs too. They're called 'shows' and 'dagwood dogs' or 'pluto pups.' Because we're cool like that. Also 'ketchup' is 'tomato sauce.'

I wonder if this fair will have deep-fried everything.

Oh, and Kitty, don't worry. Anything I havn't previously found in Australia will be quickly dubbed a Chazwazzer forever-more.

6 comments:

  1. Upload the chazwazzers plz. =3

    Also...I care about the integrity of your anus. =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She lies.

    Bullfrogs? Why that's a funny name.

    Take some Koala's over there. Mess with ecosystem. Give 'em hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, "dagwood dogs"? "Pluto pups"? You might have weird stuff like that in Queensland, but everywhere else we live in Sanity, thank you very much.

    Well, more Sanity than Queensland anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pluto Pups is one of the names I've seen in Vic and NSW, XP I've seen them called Dagwood Dogs in QLD and NSW

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it sound like it's MY FAULT that I live in a tiny town that's only on the map because of the rodeo. Thaaaaanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My town was on the map because it got flooded regularly and hugely.

    Oh and also that whole Flying Doctor thing.

    But mostly floods.

    ReplyDelete