Saturday, September 25, 2010

I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Okay, I doubt anybody's been checking or worrying or whatever, but yeah, I'm alive. I was with my buddy Soro in Peebles, Ohio, and only had dialup internet, which wouldn't allow me access to Blogger.

A LOT HAS HAPPENED. YES INDEED.
First, I'll write up some very brief reviews.
Good first.
Layli's family, that I stayed with first, deserves special mention in here for being amazing. Seriously. They're all just really cool people. Good conversationalists, intelligent, knowledgable, fun. Plus Sarah's a fairly awesome cook.
Five thumbs-up out of five, would stay there again.

Now for the bad.
UNITED AIRLINES.
NEVER. NEVER FLY UNITED AIRLINES. EVER.
You'd think 45 minutes would be plenty time enough to get from one plane to another. Especially since the airlines wrote up the ticket. I booked from one place to the other, they organised the inbetweens with connections to that place from this place, etc.
Well, not when we sit on the runway for the entirety of that 45 minutes doing absolutely NOTHING while the pilot has his thumb so far up his butt he makes the Goatse Guy look like an amateur.


Normally I'd put a pic here, but nobody needs to see that again.

The plane left without me, I had to wait two hours or something for the connection, then the next flight had a delay of half an hour.

So bugger those guys.

I've stayed with Soroma for the past near-week. He's a great guy, I've known him about seven years now.
Bros for life, yo.


I taught him to use a sword, everything was hunkydory. We went to Serpent Mound, which was cool, but it was a surprise so I didn't have my camera on me at the time. I did take a picture of a butterfly, though.

Not a bad shot from several feet away.

We also went to Portsmouth to see the Floodgate Murials. Muri...Myer...PAINTINGS.
I envy not these ancient winters.
  
So basically, Ohio was nice. Hot as buggery, though, and very humid. Soroma owns the complete collection of Calvin and Hobbes, and the box-set of SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog. Much fun was had. The only real down-point was that yesterday, Soro's six year old neice broke my camera, right after we took her photograph. She insisted.
Gaze into the face of EVIL.

So, unfortunately, I've no pictures of the drive to Michigan, where I now am with a dear old friend, Alena.  We're off to a little art-show tomorrow, where Alena will sell absolutely adorable buttons that she makes. I will be bringing back a little bagful as presents for people =3

Sorry for small post after such a long absence, but I've driven eight hours or so today and I'm wrecked.

3 comments:

  1. ...who took that photo? And which did she insist on, having her photo taken, or braking the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soroma's mother, and the former.

    ReplyDelete