Thursday, September 9, 2010

Arghlefarglefard!

So, I'm in America.
I've been to Los Angeles airport and am currently sitting (at twenty past midnight on the ninth) in the spot where I'm going to be sleeping tonight. Seattle Tacoma International Airport! Hurrah!
My first order of business would be to pee, but the mens bathroom is out of order. Rarghleblarg.

However, I've got interbutts! Which means Blogification! Yay!
I retain the ability to text from my Australian phone, but it's quite expensive and I don't think I can buy Telstra credit here. Must find local SIMcard.

My flight between Melbourne and L.A was actually pretty good; very smooth, quiet, I was sitting next to this -lovely- old couple, and I had a marathon of Modern Family, The Simpsons, and a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother to keep me entertained. The inflight dinner was pretty good, too; I got a mediterranian lamb thingy with rice and vegetables (the vegies were crap, barely cooked, but other than that it was okay.) and it came with a breadroll and a mint and dessert, a little cakey thing. The only problem was that the serving guy didn't listen very well. That night, I asked for the lamb, and got the chicken first. The chicken would've been good except it was basically Chicken and Mushrooms. I hate mushrooms.
The next morning (ish. weird timezone thingie!) they came around with two options. Cereal and other cold stuff, and scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms, hashbrown and fried tomato. I don't like tomato unless it's turned into stuff, and I don't like mushrooms at all, so I said "I'll take the cereal, pl-"
"Eggs it is, sir!" He then rushed off.
The hashbrown was the only edible thing. Oh, and the yoghurt would've been nice too, but I was feeling a bit crook, so I just had the hashbrown and some tea. Delicious tea.
A stein of tea, a stein of tea...
The eggs were a solid mass of rubberishness. I won't go into how the mushrooms looked D:

But other than that, the 'getting to America' part of the trip has been good. I got my first American money out, and brought Pretzels! I got change back involving single-dollar bills and was confused as crap for a few moments. And a penny! American pennies are so, so tiny! They're adorable!

I have yet to see a Chazzwazzer of any sort. Or a huge fat guy in an hawaiian t-shirt.

Oh! And when I was landing in Los Angeles, there was a mountain sticking through the cloud. That doesn't happen in Australia. Our mountains are too small and wimpy.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, and I should mention, I've been wearing my Lucky Socks since I left my property. Thanks, Felix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Socks, Bitches. They save lives. They got you through immigration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and by the way, you could always use the disabled bathroom. Or look for another male, its a big airport, theres more than one. Or a potted plant.

    What, desperate times.

    Hey, I've been to the Seattle airport, now that I think about it. Where you helped by a friendly black man at the information desk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stress...the fat man in the Hawaiian shirt will cross your path. It's an airport. We have LOTS of....um, weight challenged and clothing-disableds....folks here :)
    And 'cute' pennies? Wow, I can't wait to see the Aussie money Kitty sends.

    Have a great trip and be safe...we're mostly made of up of incredibly stupid people here. I can say that with honesty and authority. I live here and the ignorant reproduce at astonishing rates and like to flaunt their stupidity in public.
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Felix, I was not. Though I was helped by a friendly black man in Los Angeles.

    Deanna, wait til you see our fifty-cent pieces. They're octagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait until you get a dime. They're even cuter and littler. Also, start looking at state quarters to see which one's your favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! He moved! Good for him!

    And the legend of the Friendly Black Man lives on.

    Dimes are adorable. The weird thing is that nickels are much bigger. Have they released all the state quaters yet? I tried to collect them but many were unavailable.

    ReplyDelete