Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bluhbluhbluhsotiredbluh

OKAY SO I KNOW I HAVNT DONE A BLOGPOST IN FOREVER BUT SHUSH I'VE BEEN BUSY NOBODY READS THIS ANYWAY BLARGHLEBLARGH.

Ahem. So. As you knew already, I was staying with my friend Alena, who is awesome.

Also adorable.

She took me to Art Prize, where I saw loooooots of cool stuff. Also, her mother collects clocks. Awesome clocks.

This one does a jingle, has twirling gears, and
the bits in the middle spin.

Also, we went to her brother-in-law's diner, and the mozzarella sticks there were everything I ever dreamed. They were simply amazing. I have a picture of me eating one, but I've had comments that my blog is too much of a food-journal. Also-also, we tried to go to the zoo, but it was closed, because the zoo owners are meanieheads that do not want the Anuan to see the bears.

However, I have flown from Michigan into Baltimore, Maryland, where I'm staying with Jerry and Amanada and their tiny bundle of adorability, Pickle. I mean, Puddingtroll. I mean, Jared. Yes. That's the one.
Rockin motorbike, little buddy.

They're really awesome people (as the people I visit tend to be) and have been very nice. We've been playing a bunch of card-games, and tomorrow (I.E, later today) we're going to be having a D&D session. yaaaay!

Today, however, we went to the Rennaisance Festival. It was...amazing. Even Pickle was excited, he stayed awake nearly the entire time.

Tiny jesters are the best jesters.

Of course, he did not stay complacent the entire time. In fact, he rebelled.

"NOW WHO IS THE ONE THAT WILL WEAR
THE HAT WITH THE LITTLE BELLS?
MARRY, NUNCLE, THOU SHALT BE SLAIN."
 
I competed in every throwing-item game at the fair. Zeb (Jerry) joined me for Knives, Axes and Two-handed Axes, Alarra (Amanda) came and threw Stars with me. Every game was at least partially crooked. Literally, in the case of the knives and stars. Seriously bent gear happening.
Some lady threw an axe that ended up bouncing off the wall so hard it came back past the do-not-pass barrier. And nearly the fence behind us into the crowd.
The sign says 'play at your own risk' for a reason, but it should include a comment about observing.

There was a lot of trying-on of outfits at the RenFest. We all tried on hats that we didn't end up buying:

Incredibly dapper folk all round.
 
I tried on (and purchased! :D ) a magnificent cloak that  doables excellently as a wizard-robe due to the shallowing of its sides.
I put on my robe and wizard hat.
...Seperately.
 
Zeb got a new shirt and a doublet, which looked far superior to his beginning outfit.
We all ate large amounts of scary but delicious (and, in some cases, disappointingly undelicious) food. I tried macaroni-and-cheese on a stick, a scotch egg (WHICH WAS JUST AS AMAZING AS I ALWAYS HOPED 8D), Jalapeno poppers (disappointing 8c ) and chocolate-coated cheesecake-on-a-stick, which was pretty good. Also there was a joust which was disappointing both in quality and length, though one of the competitors was this really cool old dude.

Then, when we were all tired and such (Zeb worked overnight and had no sleep before leaving for the festival this morning, poor troll) we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. The food was good, but the menu was ridiculous. Alice Springs Chicken? Seriously?
That's not a knife.
  So, dinner was good, if hilariously poorly named and accompanied by a silly little Pickle that hadn't slept all day. But the best part about dinner? Zeb, Alarra and I were all in costume the entire time.

I took this photo from the inside of a hood, in a very croweded restaraunt.
There were -looks-.
  So yeah. Today was big. And fun.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post; made me laugh. Quality of hats was excellent. I read this. Update more often.

    -Physics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puddingtroll is the bestest baby ever.

    There, I went and commented =P

    But, really, I like Outback, no matter how poorly named and stereotypical it all is. I mean, it IS a themed restaurant, and most of us have never been to that land down under, so we wouldn't know the difference =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the caption for the pic where Jared's wielding a sword at us. 8-D

    ReplyDelete