Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blogbloggityblogobloglog.

Yes, yes. I'm slack.
Lemme alone.

Right, so what's been going on? I went to New York (state, not city,) and stayed with Ariel, who is awesomesauce. Staying with Ariel was great. Why? She lives in a fucking castle.
This is where she -lives.- She got a better deal than any of us.

So yeah, hanging with Ariel was cool. We laughed a lot. We didn't get to hang out much because, y'know, she's a student and not a lazy bum travelling the world, but it's okay. Why? Well, not only were she and her friends, awesome, but so was the food.

Seriously, look at this thing. It was fucking -huge.- And delicious.

So, after a few days of shooting the shit with Ariel and her friends, I've headed to South Carolina to hang out with my oldest online-friend, Cerny.  It's beautiful here, and Cerny and I have known each other for seven years, so we never stop laughing. He and his partner Jay introduced me to Chicken Bog, a well-seasoned Chicken and Rice style dish with smoked sausage and stuff. Was pretty good.

Southerners eat a lot, though. A full meal's worth of Chicken Bog was accompanied by a full meal's worth of mac-and-cheese.

What have I done in return for all this? I have introduced them to the beauty that is the Aussie Works Burger. They were sceptical (especially since the beetroot we found was incredibly bland, and the closest approximation we could get to sidebacon was thick cut and INCREDIBLY salty) at first, but come the first bite they were ecstatic. Pineapple, egg, and pork side will be purchased a lot more in this house, I feel.

Cerny likes the pineapple.
He does not like the cone of shame.

My trip is nearly over. I fly out on the twenty third I've enjoyed myself thoroughly, but I am, in a way, looking forward to being home. I miss my big comfy bed.

1 comment: